Are you still unsure how to dress for a business headshot?
This article will provide you with 5 tips to help you decide what to wear for business headshots.
What is the company culture in terms of dress code? It has an impact on your clothing choices. In addition, the location of the photo shoot (in our studio or on location) may influence your best camera-ready outfit.
Finally, keep in mind that the business headshot only focuses on your face.
Other elements of the image (the background, lighting, and clothing) should be kept simple and not distracting.
Let's go over the five suggestions:
Tip #1. What clothing colors should I use?
- The most flattering colors to choose are those with a mid-tone in green, blue, or purple.
- Wearing tops that match your flesh tones, such as pastel, peach, yellow, beige, or cream, will blend you into your clothes.
- Avoid the colors red and orange, especially red (which is associated to the color of violence).
- Please use only solid colors! Avoid patterns and logos, as they will only distract from your photo, as shown below.
|Red top with patterns does not look great. Select plain color is better.
Black and white are too neutral and have a tendency to match the colors of studio backdrops. Swap out black for a more neutral color like maroon, forest green, chocolate, or navy.
Okay, let me give you a helpful tip on how to choose the color of your top : Simply choose a top that draws attention to your eyes!
Tip #2: What about the jacket and neckline?
- Wearing a v-neck jacket is very flattering because it lengthens your neck and accentuates your "décolleté," as we say in French.
- What should I wear with my jacket and top? Avoid tops with collars because they are too distracting!
- Keep the neckline simple and sleek at all times.
||Without collar : it lengthens your neck
Tip #3: I enjoy wearing jewelry; should I do so?
As previously stated, the picture is about your face, not your jewelry!
Furthermore, we believe that jewelry will date your photograph.
- Wear only simple and small jewelry.
- Avoid wearing jewelry that would draw attention away from your face or that appears dated.
- Consider if facial piercings or multiple ear piercings are appropriate for where your photo will be displayed
Tip #4. How should I wear my hair and how much should I make-up?
- Your make-up should be natural and free of chemicals. Avoid products with a lot of sparkle or shine.
- The post-retouching is a part of the session photo; we understand that some clients show up with a heavy layer of powder to make their face flawless.
- We recommend keeping things simple and avoiding frosts or bright colors.
- Your facial features are important because they define who you are.
- As strange as it may sound, we do not recommend getting a new haircut right before the photo shoot.
- It is preferable to let it grow a little and get used to your new haircut.
Tip #5. How should I Pose for an headshot ?
That is our job to answer this question when you will be in front of our camera. Check our previous blog entry about how corporate headshot should be done.
Based in Mountain View, California, TerrificShot Studio Headshots Photography™ in the middle of the Bay Area, including but not limited to San Francisco, Burlingame, Woodside, Atherton, San Mateo, Foster City, Belmont, San Carlos, Redwood City, Stanford, Menlo Park, Palo Alto, Los Altos, East palo Alto, Sunnyvale, Los Altos hills, Cupertino, Campbell, Santa Clara, San Jose, Saratoga, Los Gatos, Milpitas, Newark, Hayward, Fremont, Union City, Santa Cruz