Why you should have one and how to prepare for the Glamour or Portrait photoshoot?
We’re excited you’ve chosen Glamour or Portrait Shots for your photo session! We want your experience to be a fabulous one, so here are some great tips to prepare for your shoot.
Try Now our Easy & Fast Online Booking!
Call or text us at +1 (408) 475-1940 or email us if you have any questions.
Glamour shot with woman in a blue dress
Let’s face it, most people do not enjoy having their photos taken.
So you can only imagine how that discomfort must increase ten-fold when they decide to do a glamour or even boudoir shoot.
You have a closet full of clothes, but nothing to wear! Or so you think.
You don’t have to stress over buying a bunch of new things.
Chances are you have great items in your closet already. If not, don’t concern yourself with spending a ton of money.
Here are some guidelines for preparing for your photoshoot:
Choose dresses and shirts that are fitted & feminine.
Avoid bold prints, but think of including lots of textures like lace, leather, silk, feathers, and glitter.
Find tops with interesting necklines and various sleeve lengths.
We ask each client to bring the following:
- All black outfit or dress
- All white or pale neutral outfit (white, cream, silver, pale rose, gold). You can pair this with jeans if you like.
- An outfit with color – Preferably jewel tones.
- A wildcard outfit-The outfit you would wear to your birthday party or New Year’s Eve party
- Strapless bra or tube top
- A blazer, shrug, shawl or jacket of any color or style (this is an often overlooked essential)
- A pair of natural looking false eyelashes
- Coordinating bracelets, necklaces, earrings & accessories
- Shoes will not be photographed, so no need to bring several options of those
Glamour photos with woman seating and posing short hair and hat
Before the session:
- Visit the hair salon or have fun with a wig. Choose a style you love. If possible, a hairstyle with soft, flowing curls that frame the face is preferred.
- Paint your nails & toes. Clear is fine.
- Shave anything that needs shaving.
- Starting a week before the shoot drink lots of water, avoid added sugar, reduce your intake of starchy foods.
Glamour photo with woman wearing make-up
Glamour photos with man posing with blue shirt
Glamour portrait with man wearing green shirt and feeling relax
Tips for Men shoot
- Spend 5 minutes every day in front of the mirror. Practice smiling, practice intense looks, practice every face you see in magazines. Do it until you know what your face feels like in each expression so you can do it without the mirror and still nail the right expression.
- Alcohol leads to weight gain, a tired and dull complexion, and spotty skin. Cut back or quit.
- Drink water! You've heard it a hundred times but that's because it's so true. A hydrated body has less food cravings, glowing and clear skin, faster metabolism, detoxed organs, and much, much more.
- If you have trouble with your skin start clearing it up now. Everyone's skin is different so see a dermatologist or do an honest assessment of your skin and use reputable products to correct those problems.
- Make sure your pearly whites are white. Rinsing your mouth with hydrogen peroxide is still one of the cheapest and most reliable ways of obtaining beautiful white teeth.
Glamour portrait woman with white dress and long hair
Day of the Shoot:
- If the shoot is very early (sunrise), go for a light jog prior to the shoot to wake up your face. This eliminates the tired look we see on most people first thing in the a.m.
- Shower and apply antiperspirant. Do not wear cologne, it attracts insects and can stain clothes. Deodorant also stains clothing so do not apply it if you are modeling clothes that don't belong to you.
- Don't eat very much for 2-3 hours before the shoot, you may get bloated. Sip water and eat light.
- Don't have too much caffeine.
Glamour candid shot with woman in pink dress
Glamour photo studio with woman wearing a magenta red dress
Easy & Fast Online Booking!
Based in Mountain View, California, TerrificShot Studio Headshots Photography™ in the middle of the Bay Area, including but not limited to San Francisco, Burlingame, Woodside, San Mateo, Foster City, Belmont, San Carlos, Redwood City, Stanford, Menlo Park, Palo Alto, Los Altos, East palo Alto, Sunnyvale, Los Altos hills, Cupertino, Campbell, Santa Clara, San Jose, Saratoga, Los Gatos, Milpitas, Newark, Hayward, Fremont, Union City, Santa Cruz